Sunday, June 13, 2010

Andes and Vineyard

This weekend we had some great light, so today I want to share this picture with you.

As you can see the snow is almost completely gone due to the warm weather we have enjoyed lately, but if the forecasts are correct tomorrow we shall see a change tomorrow, I'll try to take this same picture with a snow blanket, but what really caught my attention was the light that gives depth to the picture.

The other picture I want to share is this one taken in a vineyard that I visited today. I found it a little bit surprising to see grapes still in the vine this late in the season, but according to the guide the vintage season is almost over, but not just yet. I thought it was left on the vine to make some late harvest wine, but apparently this is not the case.

I love how the almost dead leafs contrast with the color of the grapes. The effect would be even better if instead of cabernet suavignon this were a carménère vine with its beautiful (and characteristic) red leaves.

I hope you enjoy this weeks pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment